TCS NQT 2020 Syllabus & Test Pattern | 2021 Pass-Outs Batch | TCS Ninja 2021
The TCS NQT (National Qualifier Test or Ninja) is expected to be conducted as an Online Test for 2021 Pass-Outs on Oct 24, 25 and 26, 2020.
Let’s take a look at the TCS NQT syllabus and pattern from last year.
TCS NQT 2020 Syllabus Test Pattern Details
The TCS Ninja (TCS NQT) test last year (2019) of 90 minutes and will have questions from the following categories.
3) Programming Logic
TCS NQT Exam Pattern Last Year
|Order of appearance||Section||Number of questions||Duration|
|2nd||Quantitative Aptitude||15||30 mins|
|3rd||Advanced Programming Logic||10||20mins|
TCS is soon expected to officially release a mock test for TCS NQT aspirants 2021 to get familiar with TCS Ninja Exam pattern and syllabus. Until then, we advice you to take up the previous year mock test for better understanding of TCS Ninja exam pattern.
TCS NQT 2020 Syllabus
TCS Ninja exam syllabus 2019 for each section was as follows. Carefully prepare each of these topics in TCS Ninja syllabus to crack TCS NQT.
Note: TCS is known to repeat topics and question types between years. So please prepare carefully.
This section consisted of 15 questions to be answered in 10 minutes. The questions last year were of the Cloze Passage type – A small passage will be given with blanks in between the passage. You have to answer each blank by selecting a suitable option from the drop-down menu.
This section contains no negative marking.
The questions in Cloze Passage can be answered by learning the basics in the following topics – apart from the knowledge of how to solve Cloze Passages overall.
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Pronoun Agreement
2) Quantitative Aptitude
This section contained 15 aptitude questions which you had to solve in 30 minutes.
There were Fill-up-the-blank as well as MCQ Questions. MCQs have negative marking, while FITB did not.
The topics covered in this section were:
- Permutation and Combination
- Number System
- Time Speed and Distance
- Geometry, Mensuration and Progressions
- Ratios and Proportions
- Functions, Logarithms and Graphs
- Clocks, Direction Sense
- Profit and Loss, Averages, Mixtures and Alligations
- Base Conversion
3) Advanced Programming Logic
This section consisted of 10 questions which you have to solve in 20 minutes. It also had MCQs and FITB questions. The marking scheme is the same as the Quantitative ability section.
This had questions from Fundamentals of Programming in C, C++ and Java on the following topics.
- Looping statements
- Control statements
There were also questions on:
- Object Oriented Programming (OOPS)
- Standard Template Libraries (STL)
- Object Modeling
- Compiler Design
- Data Structures: Linked List, Stack, Queue, Trees and Graphs
60% of MCQs in TCS last year were from C++.
This coding section consisted of one question, which is to be solved in 30 minutes. Candidates will use an inbuilt compiler to solve their questions in C/C++/Java/Perl/Python programming language. There is no limit to the number of times you can compile the code.
Insights from the Online Test Last year ( TCS NQT 2020 )
- The test will flow as per the order of appearance mentioned in the above table. Once you move from one group to another group, you cannot go back to the earlier group. For example, once you have moved to Quantitative Aptitude, you cannot go back to English and so on.
- The countdown timer displayed on the test screen will indicate the time remaining to complete each group. There are separate timers for each group and the timer will start the moment the first question appears on the screen.
- The test duration for each group is fixed. For example: If you complete a given group in less than the allotted time, the left over time will not be carried forward to the remaining groups.
- Click SUBMIT at the end of every group to move to the next group.
TCS NQT Exam and Syllabus related FAQs
1) Is there negative marking in TCS NQT Ninja?
Yes. Negative marking is applicable for all the MCQ questions in TCS NQT exam, whereas questions based on Fill in blanks are excluded from negative marking.
2) What is the duration of TCS NQT Exam?
The pattern last year was for 90 minutes containing 4 groups – English, Quantitative Aptitude, Advanced Programming Logic and Coding.
4) What all languages are available for coding section in TCS NQT?
You can code in C/C++/Java/Perl/Python programming languages.
5) What type of questions will be asked in the TCS NQT?
The type of questions asked in TCS Ninja/TCS NQT exam are:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Fill in the blanks
6) Is Command Line Programming needed for TCS NQT?
You can expect questions on both standard input/ output as well as Command Line Arguments.